Sunday, October 7, 2012

A Day at the Spa



Wiggle Buttz, Marlton, New Jersey

I must say life as a Yorkie, at times, can be just fantastic.  My “D” takes me to all the best places and gives me all the nicest things.  Several weeks ago I entered a casting call at a new high end pet spa and store that opened in Marlton New Jersey, called Wiggle Buttz.  I was so excited to then be chosen, from that casting call, to be the new Face of Wiggle Buttz. What that means is I will be on their website and in their advertising and literature.  As a reward for being selected, I also received several prizes, i.e. some merchandise and a Spa Day.
They have some very nice facilities and some very nice dog treats, toys, clothes and accessories from all the top designers, like Louis Vuitton, Juicy Couture, Yves Saint Laurent and others.  I haven’t decided yet about my prize, because they have so many nice things.  At first I thought I liked the Louis Vuitton sneakers, but then I saw this beautiful Pink Suede Collar with Swarovski Crystals and White Pearls, what’s a girl going to do? I will decide on Tuesday when I go for my photo shoot, who knows I might like something that I will model for them.

My “D” and I started out early in the morning to make my Spa appointment on time.  Sundays at the Spa are by appointment only.  Wiggle Buttz is located at 125 Merchants Way, Marlton New Jersey 08053 (856-267-5198).  It was a nice ride on a cool morning. I wore one of my chic pink sweaters so I would make an impression. When we arrived, Veronica, the store owner, spied me right away and came out to greet me.  She introduced me to Gabby, who was to be my groomer today and also her mother, who happened to be in the store this morning.  She told me I was going to get their “Princess Package” which includes a full day of relaxation. Starting off with a bath, teeth cleaning and nail grinding, followed by a Blueberry Facial and a Paw-di-Cure, which includes getting my nails painted. To finish the spa day right I will be 'pampered' with a 30 minute massage and be sent home with a complimentary Spa Robe.  WOW!  I really did feel like a princess.
Me at the reception desk of Wiggle Buttz Spa
Gabby and I
My Spa experience started off, with a stop at the reception desk, where I signed in and was acquainted with the very nice facility, full of state of the art grooming tools and supplies. Everything was decorated for Halloween, my favorite time of year.


Gabby made me feel very welcome and talked to me calmly while I was getting used to a new environment.  
Private Room
One thing that I thought was special was the private room, for their clients that wanted a nice facility to bath their animals, on their own, a kind of "do it yourself" room.  This would be nice for animals that don't like strangers giving them a bath.  


 
My treatment started off with a little prep, some ear cleaning and a bit of a trim around my "Hoo Haa" parts.  Gabby was very gental, but I did protest slightly, only because I was in a strange place. She kept calming me with her voice and eventually I settled in.







Checking out the facilities

We next moved into the was room where, I waited patiently, for my bath to be prepared.  I noticed all the nice shampoo's and conditioners on the shelf.   I have hair like a human and it needs to be soft and silky.  They had the right stuff.  I told Gabby that I like my water, tepid and she made sure it was the right temperature.  After a wet down, we started with my Blueberry facial, then moved on to a nice shampoo and rinse, followed by a Paw-di-cure soak for my tired paws and dry pads.





Getting the water ready for my Paw-di- Cure

About to get my Blueberry facial

On to a blow dry.  The spa has several ways to get dry, I didn't like the blow dryer, because it frightened me, so they offer alternative facilities in a nice cage with a gentle air dryer.  I still fussed a little but was not as frighten with this method of getting dry.





Gabby getting my Tooth brush and paste ready
While I was getting dry, Gabby prepared my special Chicken Toothpaste.  After a nice combing and brushing, Veronica helped Gabby get me into my Spa Robe and I was done.
Veronica and Gabby getting me in my Spa Robe

Gabby and I, all done and beautiful

I recommend that all my friends stop by and take a look at this great new boutique and Spa, Wiggle Buttz and tell them “Dolly sent you”.  Thank you Veronica and Gabby for the nice day of pampering, see you for the Photo Shoot on Tuesday.



No comments:

Post a Comment