Friday, July 22, 2011

On the Subject of Dog Parks:

I get so frosted sometimes because I get tired of going round and round and round on my street.  First I go left and the next day I go right and some days I just want to sit on the porch and sniff the wind.  Sure there are the Ducks at the lake, the Chipmunk, a lot of Squirrels, rabbits and other animals, but I want something more.   Where are all the Parks that I can run and play freely and socialize without my harness, leash and bureaucratic “No Dogs” rules? Even at the Zoo, can you believe it, with all those animals...., except,.... you got It....., NO DOGS allowed. ....HELLO.....; did you ever see an Elephant Poop?  They have to use Glad Garbage Bags for those critters.  I would gladly be carried and not set foot on their precious asphalt, if only they would let me sniff the frogs.  I will answer my own question, there are none where I live.  What’s a dog to do?
Last week I discovered a lovely Dog Park in Gloucester County, New Jersey. You can find this park within Washington Lake Park, in Sewell, New Jersey. The best approach is taking a left on Greentree Road behind Shop Rite in Glassboro, New Jersey.  Here is a Map.  This is a lovely place to play, shaded by all the trees.  There are 2 huge Fenced in Areas, one for big dogs and one for little dogs like me.  Both Areas are completely enclosed and double gated.  There are benches inside for the humans and Dog Bowls, toys, a big Ball, water and Poop bags for me. The Poop bags are on poles with receptacles underneath, at each entrance (I do have to confess some humans don’t properly pick up after their dogs, but I’m a lady and very special and my daddy, saves my poop under the sink, because he loves me.  Others should take note, this is the proper thing to do)
There is plenty of socialization there, and I have met a lot of friends.  I will give it my dogonal approval. Here I am in the park having a discussion with my friend Trudy, while Ollie, plays ball behind me.

No comments:

Post a Comment