Wednesday, September 6, 2017

Celebrating half a lifetime

All decked out in my Sachet Scarf and Liza hat
Let the Festivities Begin.


I’m just the luckiest Yorkie alive; today I am 7, that’s almost a half century in doggy’s years.  So what’s it like to be old, you ask?  Just another day. I slept all Morning and then it was P.A.R.T.Y. time.  I had balloons and presents and a cake that “D” made. Then of course, there’s the obligatory photo shoot, we have to have the photo shoot, then the Kisses and the belly rubs and the “Yum Yum elevators”,,,,,,sheesh….I’m not two “D”, I’m a grown Lady
Party Hats all around

The Cake was delicious:  Recipe below
































My Birthday Cake Recipe
(Note all of the ingredients are safe for your dog to eat)

Ingredients
  • 1/2 cup oatmeal
  • 1/2 ripe banana
  • 1/2 cup of flour
  • 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
  • 1/4 cup applesauce
  • 1/4 cup honey
  • 1/8 teaspoon Cinnamon
  • 1/4 cup peanut butter
  • 1/2 tsp baking soda
  • 1 egg
Topping (Options):
  • mini treats
  • peanut butter
  • Dollop of Whipped cream
Instructions
  1. Mix ingredients. Set oven to 350 degrees. Spray cupcake pan with nonstick spray. or Pour into cupcake liners. 1/3 cup makes 6 cup cakes. Bake for 20 minutes. Let cool. Spread peanut butter on top. Decorate with mini treats and a Dollop of Whipped Cream
 


Ode to my “D”

You feed me when I’m hungry. You keep water in my dish, You let me sleep on anything, or in any place I wish. You sometimes let me lick your hands, or even lick your face…despite the fact I’ve licked myself in every private place.
You taught me how to come when called, you taught me how to sit. You always let me go outside, so I can take a shit.
I’ve been with you through oh, so much…through laughter and through tears. I hope you live to be a hundred…that’s 700 in doggie years!...... (Thanks "D")
These are all of my Great Gifts
 After I opened my presents we took photos:  I got a green bottle bear, who I named Green Bear, a red Squeaky Mouse who I now call Red Mouse and a nice dress up Harness and Leash. I would show you the big light up Goblin Balloon, but he accidentally got busted, (Tee Hee that was fun).   Oh almost forgot; lots of treats.
Well another year has gone buy and I had a great time.  Thanks everyone for making my day special.
It was a great Birthday....Love Dolly


No comments:

Post a Comment